Thursday, March 26, 2009

good-music-pallooza

I know, I know. It's felt like centuries since I've updated. I told you I was bad at this. But I swear to keep up with it better now! Scout's honor!

So tonight, Brooke and I had dinner at Terri's place, and after we ate we got talking about concerts. And as it turns out, there is a whole slew of great ones coming up! And the mere thought of a good concert gets me uber-excited about life. (If you want to go to any of these, I plan on going to them all so hit me up!)

One of them is Keith Urban and Sugarland. The part about Sugarland I'm not dying to see. I'm not a huge fan of the lead singer. The thickness of her accent when she sings is sometimes over the top, and rumor has it she worships the devil, which makes me a little uneasy about her. (Ask Brooke about the devil worshipping thing). But Keith Urban more than makes up for that!

Another is (drum roll please!)........NO DOUBT. That's right, No Doubt is back together and comin to Charlotte. I about fell over when I heard it because not only are they awesome, but the band and their songs are in a good many of my childhood memories, and few things make me happier than getting nostalgic. Plus, Paramore is opening for them. HELLOOOO Paramore is so amazing. That is gonna be one hellagood (yes, pun intended) concert!

And the last one that gets me all giddy is Little Texas. Now, you may not know who Little Texas is right off that bat, unless like me, you listened to nothing but country music when you were a youngster. I literally listened to nothing else. I think it was because country was deemed as being a lot more PG than other genres of music and not as boring for a kid as classical. But for whatever reason, country music was my world. And Little Texas was one of the bands that graced my country phase.

Not only is it cool that they are touring, but they are coming to little ole Rock Hill. That's right - no BiLo Center in Greenville or Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Charlotte. They will be playing one street over from where I work in Downtown Rock Hill. The City of Rock Hill should be giving themselves major kudos right now for pulling off that caliber of a concert in our suburb (they are also bringing Marshall Tucker Band if you like them).

I'll leave you with my favorite song by Little Texas - "What Might Have Been". If you know ANYTHING by Little Texas, you know this song (or "God Bless Texas"). I honestly believe this is one of the greatest songs ever crafted. For your added entertainment, please note the hair of the band members, thus undeniably identifying the decade that this song came out in. ENJOY!

No comments: